Membership in Phi Beta Kappa is by invitation only. If you have received a letter of invitation:
- Go to http://www.pbk.org/membership
- Create an account
- The registration passcode is in your invitation letter.
- For “Chapter,” use the drop-down list to select “Connecticut, University of”
- You may choose to pay your $105 initiation fee online using a credit card or write a check to your local chapter.
- If you choose to pay with a credit card, fill in your information and click OK. There will be a confirmation and receipt to verify your payment.
- Once online registration is complete, you will receive an email from the PBK National Society Office confirming that you have paid or indicating the amount owed. You will not be an official member until the Chapter Secretary has validated your membership registration.
If you are paying your $105 membership fee by check, please make it payable to “Phi Beta Kappa” and send to Dr. Ken Foote, Chapter Treasurer, Geography Department, U-4148, UConn, Storrs, CT 06269-4148.
If the initiation fee presents a financial hardship, please contact Dr. Ken Foote at (860)486-2196 or email@example.com.
After your membership has been validated by the Chapter Secretary, you may order your Phi Beta Kappa key and/or a certificate of election through the national web site.
Congratulations, and we look forward to seeing you at initiation!
If you have any questions, or if you have misplaced your invitation letter, please contact Dr. Ken Foote at (860)486-2196 or firstname.lastname@example.org.